Minutes – September 19
NHANRS Membership Meeting Minutes
The Common Man – Concord, NH
September 19, 2013
President Chris Albert convenes meeting at 6:17 pm with several announcements.
- A NHANRS representative is needed for the Shoreland Advisory Committee.
- There is an opening for a Certified Wetland Scientist on the NH Joint Board. The individual cannot be a Certified Soil Scientist.
The NHANRS website is in the process of being upgraded and should be completed in the next few months.
The May 23, 2013 Membership Meeting Minutes are briefly discussed. Peter Spear motions to approve the minutes as written. Seconded. Approved.
Linda Magoon presents the Treasurer’s Report. Our finances are in good shape. Good attendance at our workshops is increasing our revenue.
A Wetland Classification workshop is being planned for later in the fall.
Cindy Balcius provides an update on Legislative Committee activities.
- The NH legislature has been relatively quiet, but new Legislative Service Requests (LSRs) are coming in.
- The committee has been focused on the proposed New England Programmatic General Permit (NE PGP) recently and has got together with NHDES and NEIWPCC to discuss. The committee has submitted a request for an extension to the review period. Cindy has heard that a different version of the NE PGP is out there but no one on the committee has seen it.
- New members are needed for the committee. Michael Simpson indicates he is interested in joining after January 2014.
Sarah Allen announces the next quarterly meeting is planned for December 5 at the Common Man. The topic will be stream crossings with John Magee and Bill Thomas as speakers.
The annual meeting will include stormwater and water quality, climate change, and tick ecology and tickborne disease topics. In addition, poster presentations will be requested from graduate students. The meeting will be held at the Grappone Center. Vendors and speakers are needed.
Bill Kuriger announces the Coastal Wetland Conference is scheduled for October 18 at the Seacoast Science Center in Rye, NH. Sponsors are needed. A program with presentation abstracts will be provided to registrants.
The Winter Botany workshop will be held on December 13.
The BOD went on a retreat last month to discuss strategic planning. Linda Magoon recently attended a strategic planning workshop for non-profits and has completed a first draft of a strategic plan for NHANRS. The BOD will continue to work on this.
Peter Spear motions to adjourn meeting. Seconded. Unanimous.
Meeting adjourns at 6:28 pm.